Url Domain And Email
Com and Net are two of the most popular domain name extensions. If your preferred .com domain name extension is not available, then you might be tempted to use a .net instead.
However, .net isn’t a good option for your business in most cases.
The “com” in the .com domain name indicates a “commercial” site. This can cover business websites, websites that want to make money online, personal websites, blogs, portfolios, and more.
On the other hand, the “net” in the .net domain name extension stands for “network”. It was designed for the internet, networking, and email service providers.
If you’re wondering about .org, that stands for “organization” and was originally intended for use by nonprofit organizations.
It’s much easier for people to remember a .com domain name than any other domain extension. It’s familiar and reassuring, plus it makes your site look professional.
Also, most mobile keyboards have a dedicated .com button. You won’t find that for .net (or any other extension).
There’s just one problem. You’ve probably noticed that .com domain names are so popular that it feels like all the good ones are already taken!
However, there are still plenty of clever ways to get the perfect .com domain name. Here are some things to try:
- Check that your domain name represents your business and what you do. For example, stargardeningservices.com is better than starservices.com.
- If your preferred domain name is taken, then you can add a word before or after it to make it unique. Your location could work well here. For example, stargardeninghouston.com.
- Make sure your domain name can be easily pronounced and remembered.
- Don’t use hyphens or numbers in your domain name.
- Take advantage of online domain name generators. These free tools will help you come up with clever domain name ideas that are unique and still available.
- Using .Com Not Anything Else
A professional email address is the one that has your business name in it. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org is a professional email address. Email accounts on free email services like email@example.com are not good for business because they do not look professional.
Don’t Co-Mingle With Your Personal SM
Stay Away From Political Or Hot-Topic Issues
- Google Phone Number
- Virtual Business Address